Monday, September 24, 2012

Lightsaber Pretzel Rods

I have a confession to make.  Not only am I a Hunger Games Nerd...but I am also a Star Wars nerd.  If you traveled back in time to visit elementary school me, I could rattle off any name of any character and tell you the planet they lived on.  No joke.  I had almost every possible Star Wars action figure, countless books and magazine, and naturally two of my very own lightsabers (if you call them lifesavers in front of me, you run a high risk of being punched in the face). 
SO...when my friends and I decided to watch Star Wars for our weekly movie night (for which I always provide the snacks) I began to scour the internet for Star Wars themed treats.  What I found were these
I didn't adjust the recipe, aside from using blue instead of green colored candy melts and then mixing the blue and red to make purple (go Mace Windu!)  Also I simply microwaved the candy. 
Here you go...

Lightsaber Pretzel Rods (aka Pretzelsabers)
Obviously I don't have to tell you that they were delicious
 
They were fairly easy to make and complete fun to eat!  I estimated about 120 calories per pretzelsaber.  Now I just need to find a way to use all of those extra colored candy melts...
May the Force be with you!
AND
May the odds be ever in your flavor!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment