Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Microwave Greek Omelet

Since breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day and since I happen to be half Greek, I thought it would be appropriate to kick of my food posts with this tasty meal...
 
Microwave Greek Omelet
  Based off of this Greek Omelet Recipe
 
This was super delicious and easy to make!
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup egg whites
1 chopped basil leaf
2 tbs diced tomatoes
2 tbs reduced fat feta cheese
(If I had some fresh mushrooms I would have definitely chopped some up and put them in there!)
Spray your mug (or bowl) with cooking spray.  Add the egg whites and spinach and microwave for 1 minute.  Mix in the rest of the ingredients and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.  Let it cool and then EAT IT!  
Here is my breakfast plate all yummy and ready to eat!
 
This whole declicious breakfast I ate (including the two slices of whole wheat bread) was only about 225 calories!  Now that is how to start a morning off right!
May the odds be ever in your flavor!  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment